Does your child qualify for a free school meal?
Your child could qualify for income-related free school meals if you receive:-
- Income Support
- Income based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income related Employment Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit - as long as you have a yearly household income of less than £16,190 (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs) and you do not get Working Tax Credit
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working tax Credit)
- Universal Credit
King's Meadow Academy will receive additional funding from the government for each child registered for free school meals at any point in the last 6 years which in turn, will be reinvested into the school to raise our pupils' aspirations and broaden their future horizons.