Subject Leader: Miss J Martyn
At King’s Meadow Academy we follow the SCARF programme to deliver our PSHE and RSHE curriculum.
SCARF: Safety, Caring, Achievement, Resilience, Friendship
Coram Life Education & SCARF are the UK’s leading charity provider of PSHE and wellbeing education in primary schools. Coram is the UK’s first dedicated children’s charity with a fascinating heritage that spans more than 275 years. Coram’s vision is that all children will have the best possible chance to live a fulfilling life. Discover more about Coram.
The SCARF programme uses the following:
- A Whole-school approach
- Fully resourced comprehensive PSHE programme
- Online – always up to date
- Fulfils all DfE statutory requirements for Relationships & Health Education
- Half term units of work & planning from Nursery to Year 6
- Ofsted Audit tool meeting expectations for a coherent, sequential curriculum
- Assessment tools & progression embedded
- Comprehensive free staff SCARF training
- Access to free and low-cost specialist training
- Support of a SCARF co-ordinator
SCARF’s whole-school approach supports primary schools in promoting positive behaviour, mental health, wellbeing, resilience and achievement – giving you everything you need to meet the new Relationships Education and Health Education statutory requirements. More than just a PSHE scheme of work, SCARF supports great learning every day.
There are 6 units that we follow which are:
Unit 1 = Me and My Relationships
Unit 2 = Valuing Difference
Unit 3 = Keeping Myself Safe
Unit 4 = Rights and Responsibilities
Unit 5 = Being My Best
Unit 6 = Growing and Changing
Please click on the link below to access the medium term plans:
The end of unit assessment tool, SCARF success provides succinct ‘I can’ statements, summarising learning against each unit’s key learning outcomes. Working alongside the suggested half-termly lesson plan units, SCARF success helps you to keep the whole year’s PSHE and Wellbeing assessment records in one place.